Custom Software Development
Custom Software Development
Customized Software Solutions
MAT specializes in creating software solutions to help government and commercial organizations improve their workflow and manage information. Our approach to each project is collaborative and customer-focused, designed to solve problems. We can modernize legacy systems, integrate current systems, and create new applications to manage information. The software development process is carried out in the following steps:
- Requirements Gathering
- Design and Review
- Qualification Testing
- Documentation and Support
At the start of each project, MAT works directly with clients to listen and understand their challenges and needs. A Requirements Specification is created to identify goals and outline individual business parameters. Continuous stakeholder communication is maintained to keep the requirements aligned with the development process.
Next, a matrix is completed to cross reference requirements with associated work processes, such as design and testing. Project management tools are leveraged to improve quality, efficiency, and cost containment. With this initial step, the foundation is set for a superior product.
Design and Review
In the design phase, MAT collaborates with customers to incorporate end user behaviors into the product. This approach allows the team to identify and react quickly to design and technical challenges. All designs go through an extensive review process to ensure that the end-product will satisfy customer’s needs.
In the development process, industry proven techniques are used to bring the designs to life. Throughout the process, MAT collaborates with stakeholders to produce and test incremental builds, as opposed to creating an entire solution at once. Each piece from the design phase is converted to source code and tested separately at the unit and module levels. As these sections are completed, they are moved into an integration test phase to further validate that the individual component will function properly when brought into the whole product.
Product demos are provided to test user experience and allow for an approved interface. During development, time-lines are kept on schedule and tracked using:
- A single coding standard
- Test-Driven Development
- Secure and continuous integration checks
- Adherence to design models for specified business rules and constraints
- Small iterative development cycles to allow for adaptation of evolving requirements
- Daily stand-up meetings to manage progress and mitigate risk
- Peer code reviews and collaboration to inspect usability and compliance with established standards
As part of our software development, MAT conducts a variety of functional and non-functional testing to ensure software is suitable for release. The focus is on quality and speed-to-production, risk reduction, and cost control.
Test processes are aligned with Institute for Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) standards.
Documentation and Support
For continued support, resource materials are created along with software development to provide easy access to the most current technical and functional information. Working with the software team, technical writers and instructional designers develop manuals for end users and system administrators.
Also, certified professional and subject matter experts are available for training in-line with software development. MAT’s Computer Based Training (CBT) capabilities offer a self-directed instructional approach which goes beyond traditional manuals. Using interactive learning modules, along with sound and animation, user-experience is enhanced and complex materials
are clearly communicated.
Ratings and Certifications
- International Standards Organization (ISO) 9001: 2008
- Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI-DEV), Level 3 appraisal rating
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
MAT develops software in the following languages:
CUSTOM SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT PAST PERFORMANCE
- Standard Army Maintenance System-Enhanced (SAMS-E) for SEC-Lee
- Property Book Unit Supply Enhanced (PBUSE) for SEC-Lee
- Digital Log Book for Army G4 Logistics Initiatives Agency
- Texas Veterans Commission Case Management System
- Customized Maintenance Management System for CSC
- Supply Chain Management for TACOM’s PM HBCT